Apparently my blog is Over the Top! And I must agree. The way I rhapsodize over bacon and chicken fits this category to a tee. Thank you Laura of the Hey What’s For Dinner Mom blog, and Queen of All, for this award. And isn’t it pretty!
This is one of those meme things, so here’s a little about me…
1. Where is your cell phone? Under the cat. I think. Call me and let’s see if he wakes up.
2. Your hair? Color du jour is dark auburn, tomorrow, who knows???
3. Your mother? Amazing! Happy to say she’s a breast cancer survivor and is healthy, yay mOml! This is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, so ladies, please get your mammogram, and guys, please nag your ladies until they go.
4. Your father? Such a sweetie, just celebrated his 88th birthday.
5. Your favorite food? Bacon, chicken and cacao, the holy trinity!
6. Your dream last night? I wrote about that recently. Shudder, shudder.
7. Your favorite drink? Wine, or a bacon Manhattan
8. Your dream/goal? A great job where I can cook, drink wine, knit and write, with all my friends. Oh, you didn’t say my fantasy…
9. What room are you in? There is only *one* room in “The Roost”
10. Your hobby? Cooking, knitting, painting, singing, being crafty – pick one!!
11. Your fear? Being alone when I’m old 😦
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Here! But with a much bigger kitchen
13. Where were you last night? At “The Roost”
14. Something that you aren’t? Employed
15. Muffins? I’m more of a scone kind of gal, have you had my scones? Then you’ll know why.
16. Wish list item? A DLSR camera
17. Where did you grow up? I’m a California gal
18. Last thing you did? I’m not done yet!!
19. What are you wearing? Aubergine and salmon
20. Your TV? Listening to Globe Trekker
21. Your pets? On a diet, see #1
22. Friends? A few really close, loving BFF’s, I’m so lucky
23. Your life? Rebuilding rapidly
24. Your mood? Optimistic as always (PTA smile!)
25. Missing someone? Not who’d you’d think
26. Vehicle? I’m so green, I take public transit. But if anyone has an extra car, I wouldn’t say no. Anyone??
27. Something you’re not wearing? My retainer, oops, I’ll fix that tonight.
28. Your favorite store? Imagineknit
29. Your favorite color? green
30. When was the last time you laughed? A minute ago
31. Last time you cried? Yesterday.
32. Your best friend? I have two and I love them so much!!
33. One place that I go to over and over? my second home, the beach house, aka The Rabbit Hole
34. One person who emails me regularly? My dear, dear friend, Susan, I live for her emails!
35. Favorite place to eat? Home. Or one of 10 favorite places.
I’m passing this on this award to a few folks with no obligation or expectations or anticipation they will try it. I Just a fun, silly, rainy day thing to do! And I would love to know their answers.
Smarty Mags, knitter, spinner and weaver extraordinaire, and has two shats for a good home..
Luna Raven of Luna’s Kitchen Magic blog, radio personality and much, much more
Diva of Beach Eats blog, one of the loveliest and fun ladies I met at BlogHerFood
Lynn, aka SheepMama, of Wool and Wings blog, a wonderful fiber artist and cook
Damir, tech god and an *amazing* adventurous cook
Thanks again, Laura!
And, everyone, don’t forget a mammogram for either yourself or for someone you love.