I have a few confessions when it comes to breakfast on the weekends.
- I always like to eat breakfast in my pajamas…. (and no cameras are allowed for that!)
- I like to listen to reggae in the morning. This album was recommended by a cab driver; Damian Marley, Halfway Tree.
- My favorite way to make coffee is in the Moka pot. It makes one and a half cups, which is just perfect for me.
- If I don’t want coffee I will make myself a pot of tea using my breakfast set. Yorkshire tips is my favorite in the morning, hot and sweet.
- I like eating breakfast alone, because I can have five pieces of bacon and no one will judge me. Or, try to steal a piece. Yup, that is all for me.
- I like to eat with an audience.
- I hate jars on my table. These pretty vintage pressed glass jam pots make me very happy. I think the jam tastes better too.
- Breakfast is always better with a little Hatch green chile. Except maybe pancakes. But then again, I haven’t tried that yet, hmmm.
- Coffee tastes better in a hand-thrown cup and saucer. This pair is from an amazing potter in Sedona, Mary Margaret. I have been collecting her pieces for 15 years. Not only does it taste better but it stays warm longer, which is a huge plus in foggy San Francisco!
- I like agave or honey in my coffee.
- I like protein for breakfast, it always makes me feel better. Poachies are my favorite, but I like the yolk cooked until it is almost jelled through. But I must have a piece of toast under my egg.
- For scrambled eggs, I always spoon the eggs on top of the toast and take a bite. This seems to perplex my family and friends and I have no idea how this started. I suppose Emily Post would not approve, hence why I like to eat breakfast alone!
- I always save a piece or half a piece of toast to eat with jam. It’s my breakfast dessert!
- Local eggs always taste better.
- It is a cook’s privilege to lick clean the jam spoon. Mmmm, homemade blueberry from Sue B!
- After 11 years he is still hopeful for a handout. Or to be pet. I am never sure.
- I hate sitting at table with dirty dishes in front of me, even if there is bacon left. The bonus to this is that my breakfast dishes are always done immediately.
- The post-breakfast nap is the best…. See you later!
What are your breakfast confessions?